Top tips before choosing your coworking management software.
Coworking Space has been a boon to professionals around the world. It truly has been. For freelancers to professionals to big corporates and unicorns. Rightly so because it has so many positives which the traditional office spaces never provided.
But what has been a boon to Coworking Space?
When Coworking Spaces started, the majority of the managing staff was manual, done on google sheets, various accounting software. In short multiple independent software to cover different aspects of coworking business.
But with technology evolving every day, it was hard not to have technology/software for Coworking Spaces.
The rise in Coworking Spaces gave birth to (drum roll please)
“Coworking Space Management Software.”
Multiple SaaS Companies have come up with Coworking Softwares to help Coworking Spaces manage their Spaces. But Very few offer the flexibility, features, compatibility with other software, and all of this at a good price.
You want something out of the box, something customized based on your Coworking Space. They would create those checkboxes and tick them as well.
Before you boil down on any one of them. Make sure you have these features covered with their use cases.
1) Floor Plans and Occupancy visuals: They show you a visual representation of your Office Layout. You can see your occupancy at a glance, what’s available what’s occupied and what’s soon going to be vacant/or up for renewal.
2) Payments: They have payment gateway integrations offering convenience to your members and automatically updating you via mails/notifications once the money is in.
3) Member/Company Profiles: Add Members/ Companies. Add their plans and generate a contract for the service agreement. Have all the company data recorded here. Even give them access to book meeting rooms. More on that below.
4) Meeting Rooms: Having a portal for members. Allow them to book meeting rooms based on the availability of the resource. Hourly, daily. They can even set that on repeat.
5) Ticketing Platform: Members can also raise tickets directly from the portal, you as the owner can see all of it in one software and reply as and when the issue is solved.
6) Finance: Raise and Send Invoices. You can also automate this to a specific date of the month with the issue date and due date. The invoice template is totally customizable. So you can add discounts or any other offers for the month directly to the invoice.
7) Record Expenses: You can record various expenses done to manage the space and compare it to the revenue generate to get your P&L for each month. Recording expenses like the Internet, electricity, Coffee, etc. You can also mark payment done when you are done paying your vendor for it.
8) Sales: Inbuilt CRM which can be directly linked to your website to show your leads as soon as they fill in the contact form. Based on their requirement you can directly view the floor plan from there and send an offer based on the resources available. Create multiple tasks to follow up and once closed send them the contract. All from within the software.
9) Marketing: Send emails to your members directly from the software, make major announcements, invite them for events, or inform them about new offers.
10) Visitor Management: A VMS records data from 4 types of people entering your space
a) To have a tour of space/ walk-ins – In this case you get a message/SMS they are at the reception
b) To meet on of your members – Members get an SMS/email when someone is here to meet them.
c) To attend an event – Some details about the space along with Wi-Fi details can be shared to enjoy their time here.
d) To Drop off some delivery – Informs the member out of the office that their items have reached and been collected.
11) Job Portal: Members can put up their hiring requirements and someone from the community can reach out or connect them with someone looking out for one.
12) Printers: You can sync your printer with the software. For you and for members which allows you to keep a track of printouts done by each member.
13) Conversations: Allowing members to interact with each other through the software’s white-labeled app for your coworking space increasing the networking and business opportunities for one and all.